Gas range ovens are an essential in many households, offering stable cooking capabilities as well as cooking delicious meals for many years. But, just like any other appliance, they can experience issues over time. A common problem that could arise is an issue with the KitchenAid oven control board. It is the component that regulates the oven’s temperature and timer. If it fails, you may find it difficult or impossible to use your oven. Fortunately, changing the KitchenAid control board is a simple task that can be accomplished at home with a few tools and understanding. In this article, we’ll lead you through the steps to change a KitchenAid gas range oven control board, so that you are able to cook your most loved food within a matter of minutes.
1. To prevent scratches to the floor, unplug the KitchenAid range to avoid scratches on the floor. Take the range out of the cabinet, disconnect its power cord, and shut off the gas source. Use a helper if necessary.
2. Remove the KitchenAid back shield of the control panel: Remove the screws from the control panel back shield and remove it from the range.
3. Take off the KitchenAid oven control board You can take a digital photo of the wires connected to the control board in order to record their location so that you can attach the wires to the new control board of the oven the same way. All wires must be disconnected from the control board for the oven. Take off the mounting screws and take the oven control board away from the control panel.
4. Attach the overlay onto the new KitchenAid oven control board If the overlay placed on your current oven control board is in great condition and you’re planning to use it the new control board for your oven, carefully pry off the previous overlay using an emery knife. You can attach the overlay to the new KitchenAid oven control board leaving an adhesive leftover.
5. Transfer the overlay to the old KitchenAid control board. If you bought a new overlay for the control board, connect the new overlay onto the control board.
6. Install the new KitchenAid oven control board: Install the control board for the electronic oven and reinstall the screws for mounting. Be sure to connect all wires to the brand new KitchenAid oven control board by using your digital image as a source of reference.
7. Connect the KitchenAid control panel shield back shield. Install the back shield onto the back console. Secure the back shield with mounting screws.
8. Make sure to turn on the gas source and plug the power cord in to bring back power.
Make sure you slide carefully the KitchenAid range back into the cabinet making sure that the rear leveling foot properly connects to the anti-tip bracket to prevent the range from falling forward when you unlock the oven door. pull out a loaded oven rack. Use a helper if necessary.
Replacing the KitchenAid gas range oven control board may seem like a daunting undertaking However, with the correct tools and directions it’s a simple job that can save time and money. In this post we’ve provided the steps required to replace a KitchenAid gas range oven control board. These include removing the previous control board, replacing it with the new one, and testing to confirm that it’s working properly. Following these steps, you can save the cost and inconvenience of hiring a professional , and return your oven to functioning in no time. Always take safety precautions when working on appliances. If you have any concerns you should consult the instruction manuals of the manufacturer. It is easy to replace the control boards by using some perseverance and basic DIY skills. This will enable the cook to prepare delicious, perfectly cooked meals.