Gas range ovens are a staple for many families, providing stable cooking capabilities as well as providing delicious meals for years. They can experience problems in time, as any appliance. One common issue that may arise is an issue with the Frigidaire oven control board. It is the component that regulates the oven’s temperature and timer. It can make your oven inoperable or even difficult to use. With the right equipment and knowledge it’s easy to replace the Frigidaire control boards at your home. This article will show you how to replace the Frigidaire gas stove control board, so you’ll be able to quickly return to cooking your favorite meals.
1. Unplug the Frigidaire range and shut off the gas supply: Set cardboard on the floor just in front of the range so that it doesn’t scratch the floor. Take the range out of the cabinet, disconnect the power cord and shut off the gas source. Use a helper if necessary.
2. Remove the Frigidaire control panel’s back shield.
3. To take off the Frigidaire oven controller board, take a digital photo of the wires attached to it. This will enable you to identify the appropriate wires, and then connect the appropriate wires to the new controller board. All wires must be disconnected from the control board for the oven. Unscrew the mounting screws, then pull the oven control board out of the control panel.
4. Attach the overlay to your brand new Frigidaire oven controller board. If the overlay that is on the existing oven controller board is in good working order and you’d like to install it on the new controller board, gently take off the overlay using a putty knife. The overlay can be affixed to your brand new Frigidaire oven controller board by leaving enough adhesive leftover.
5. Transfer the overlay to an existing Frigidaire controlboard. Attach the new overlay onto your control board if you have purchased a new overlay.
6. Install the brand new Frigidaire oven control board. Position the electronic oven control board and then reinstall the screws for mounting. Connect all wires on the Frigidaire oven controller board by using your photo from your digital camera to guide you.
7. Connect the Frigidaire control panel shield back shield. Install the back shield on the back console. Attach back shield by using mounting screws.
8. Restore power and then reinstall your range. Plug the power cord into the electrical outlet and switch on the gas source.
Assist in sliding carefully the Frigidaire range back into the cabinet, ensure that the leveling foot on the rear is in contact with the bracket for anti-tip so that the appliance doesn’t slide forward when you open the oven’s door. take out an oven rack. Use a helper if necessary.
Replacing the Frigidaire gas range oven control board may seem like a daunting undertaking However, with the correct equipment and the right instructions you can complete the job that can save time and cash. In this post, we have outlined the steps needed to replace the Frigidaire gas range control board. These include removing the old board, replacing it with the new one, and testing to confirm it is functioning correctly. Following these steps, you will be able to avoid the expense and hassle hiring a professional and restore your oven to functioning in no time. Make sure you take safety precautions while working with appliances , and refer to your manufacturer’s instructions if you have any doubts. If you’re patient and have some basic DIY skills, you can successfully replace your gas range oven control board and relish many tasty meals that are made perfectly.