Gas range ovens are a staple in many homes, offering reliable cooking capabilities and offering delicious meals for many years. They may experience issues with time, just like every other appliance. The most frequent issue that can arise is an issue with the Amana oven control board. This is the part which controls the oven’s temperature and timer. If it fails and you are unable to use it, it could be difficult or even impossible to use your oven. It is good to know that replacing the Amana control board is a fairly simple task that can be accomplished at home with a few tools and experience. This article will show you how to change the Amana gas cooker control board, so you can return quickly to cooking your favorite meals.
1. To avoid scratches on the floor, unplug the Amana range to avoid scratches on the floor. Pull the range out of the cabinet and remove the power cord. Shut off the gas supply. Use a helper if necessary.
2. Remove the Amana back shield of the control panel remove the screws from the back shield of the control panel and remove it from the range.
3. Remove the Amana oven control board and take a photo of the wires that are attached to the control board to document the locations of them so that you are able to connect the wires to the new oven control board the same way. Remove all wires connected to the control board for the oven. Take out the screws for mounting and then remove the oven control board from the control panel.
4. Attach the overlay onto the new Amana oven control board: If the overlay placed on your current oven control board is in good working order and you’re going to use on the new control board for your oven Remove the previous overlay using an emery knife. Enough adhesive residue will remain on the back of the overlay to ensure that you can attach it to the brand new Amana oven control board.
5. Transfer the overlay to an existing Amana control board: Connect the new overlay onto the control board if you purchased an overlay that is new.
6. Install the new Amana oven control board: Position the electronic oven control board and then reinstall the mounting screws. Be sure to connect all wires to the brand new Amana oven control board using your digital image as a source of reference.
7. Attach the Amana control panel shield back shield. Set the control panel shield back shield onto the back console. Attach the back shield with the mounting screws.
8. Switch on the gas supply and connect the power cord to restore power.
Slide the Amana range into the cabinet. Make sure the rear leveling foot is aligned with the anti-tip bracket to make sure that the range won’t move ahead when the door of the oven opens. After that, remove the oven rack loaded. Use a helper if necessary.
Removing a Amana gas range oven control board might seem like a daunting undertaking however, with the proper tools and guidelines it’s a doable task that will save you time and cash. In this article we’ve laid out the steps to replace the Amana gas range control board. These include removing the old control board replacing it with the new one, and then testing it to make sure that it’s working properly. If you follow these steps, you can save the cost and inconvenience of hiring a professional to return your oven to working order in no time. Be sure to take the necessary safety precautions when working with appliances , and refer to the directions of the manufacturer if are uncertain. It is easy to replace the gas range’s oven control boards with some patience and basic DIY skills. This will enable you to enjoy delicious and perfectly cooked meals.