This step-by-step washer repair guideshows how to replace the drain pump on an appliance that is top-loading by Blomber.
First, check your washer’s drain for any obstructions. After that, check the drain hose to see whether there is any kinks. If the drain and drain hose are clear, replace the drain pump with a manufacturer-approved washer part if the pump runs but doesn’t pump out the water, or if it doesn’t run at all because the motor no longer works. Replacement of the Blomber drain pump with a top-load washer
- Shut off the electricity and water. Disconnect the power cord to the outlet on the wall. Shut off the water supply valves on the washer. Wear protective gloves to protect your hands. Help someone lift the Blomber washer from the wall.
- Disconnect the hoses. Mark which fillhose goes to which connector. Utilize channel lock pliers to carefully remove two fill hoses. Expect water to leak out. The drain hose should be pulled away from the standpipe that is in the front of the washer. Be prepared for water to pour out.
- Make sure you lay the washer flat on its front panel: Then move the Blomber washer to a place where you can work on it. Place towels or cardboard on top of the washer to avoid scratching the front of the Blomber washer. Carefully tilt the Blomber washer forward , then lay it on the front panel so that you are able to access the drain pump at the bottom of the washer.
- To get rid of the drain pump, use pliers to loosen the clamp. The drain hose should be pulled off the drain pump. The cover covering the drain pump’s wire harness is open. The drain pump’s wire harness is able to be removed from its receptacle. The drain pump is held to the bottom by three bolts. Pull the pump off and put it aside to dispose of.
- Install the new drain pumps Install the drain pump on the top of the Blomber washer. Fix it by using the 3 bolts. Plug the wire harness into the receptacle for the new pump. Close the cover over the wire harness connection. Place the drain hose on the drain pump outlet. Fix it with the spring clamp.
- Set the washer on its side: Move the washer as close to the fill hoses as is possible so that they can be connected.
- Replace the fill hoses Connect the fill hoses again to the connectors located on the Blomber washer’s back. Make use of a pair of channel lock pliers to secure the connections.
- Repair the power and water Switch on the valves for water supply. If you find a leak, tighten the connection. Plug the washer into the electrical outlet. Then, return the Blomber washer to its original position. Though replacing the Blomber drain pumps in top-load washers can seem daunting the process is easy for anyone with the correct tools. In this post, the procedure involves disconnecting the water and power supply, gaining access to the pump and then installing the new pump.
It is recommended to unplug your Blomber washer before attempting repairs. If you have any concerns then refer to the manual or consult an expert. It is possible to make your Blomber washer to work again with a bit of patience and a little bit of patience. Be sure to inspect the washer for leaks once you’ve replaced the drain pump.