Gas range ovens are a popular appliance in many homes. They offer reliable cooking capabilities as well as delicious meals for a long time. They may experience issues with time, just like every other appliance. An issue with the Whirlpool oven controller board is a common issue. It is the component that regulates the oven’s temperature and timer. It could make your oven inoperable or even difficult to use. With a few basic tools and information it’s easy to change the Whirlpool control boards at your home. We’ll show you how to change the Whirlpool gas oven’s control board, so you can swiftly return to the food you love.
1. To avoid scratches on the flooring, disconnect the Whirlpool range to avoid scratches on the floor. Remove the appliance out of the cabinet, disconnect the power cord and switch off the gas supply. Use a helper if necessary.
2. Remove the Whirlpool control panel back shield.
3. To take off the Whirlpool oven controller board Take a digital picture of the wires connected to it. This will allow you locate the right wires to connect the appropriate wires to the new controller board. The wires must be separated from the control board for the oven. Remove the screws for mounting and then remove the oven control board from the control panel.
4. Attach the overlay to your brand new Whirlpool oven controller board. If the overlay on your existing oven controller board is in excellent working order and you’d like to put it for the new board, take it off gently using the help of a knife. The overlay can be attached to the brand new Whirlpool oven control board, leaving enough adhesive remnants.
5. Transfer the overlay to an existing Whirlpool control board: Connect the new overlay onto the control board, if you bought an overlay that is new.
6. Install the Whirlpool oven controller board. Place the controller board on top of the oven, and attach the screws for mounting. Connect all the wires to the Whirlpool oven controller board by using the digital image to guide you.
7. Connect the Whirlpool control panel shield back shield. Install the control panel shield back shield onto the back console. Attach the back shield with the mounting screws.
8. Switch on the gas supply and connect the power cord to bring back power.
Then slide the Whirlpool range into the cabinet. Check that the front leveling foot is aligned with the bracket for anti-tip to ensure that the range does not slide ahead when the door of the oven opens. After that, remove the oven rack that is loaded. Use a helper if necessary.
While it might seem difficult to replace the Whirlpool oven control board, using the correct tools and directions, it is a simple task that will save you time and cost. This article will explain how to replace a Whirlpool oven’s control board. We’ll also go over the steps to follow when setting up the new control board, and checking it to ensure it functions properly. These steps will help you avoid the expense and hassle hiring a professional to repair your oven. Be sure to take precautions when working with appliances. If you have any concerns follow the instructions of the manufacturer. It is easy to replace the control boards by using some patience and basic DIY knowledge. This will enable the cook to prepare delicious and delicious meals that are cooked perfectly.