Gas range ovens are a staple for many families, providing the ability to cook with confidence and providing delicious meals for many years. They may experience issues over time, just like any other appliance. A malfunctioning Maytag oven controller board is one common issue. It is the component that regulates the oven’s temperature and timer. It can make your oven impossible to use or to be difficult to use. With the help of a few tools and information it’s easy to change the Maytag control boards at your home. In this article, we’ll lead you through the process to replace a Maytag gas stove oven control board so that you can be back cooking your most loved meals in no time.
1. To avoid scratches on the flooring, disconnect the Maytag range. Take the range out of the cabinet, disconnect its power cord, and shut off the gas source. Use a helper if necessary.
2. Remove the Maytag back shield of the control panel: Remove the screws from the back of the control panel and pull it off the range.
3. Remove the Maytag oven control board and take a photo of the wires attached to the control board, to note their positions so that you can attach the wires to the new control board of the oven the same method. Disconnect all the wires from the oven control board. Unscrew the mounting screws, then take the oven control board from the control panel.
4. Attach the overlay to the brand new Maytag oven control board If the overlay that’s on your existing oven control board is in good shape and you’re going to use on the new control board for your oven take care to remove the overlay with the putty knife. There will be enough adhesive left on the reverse of the overlay, so that it’s possible to connect the overlay to the new Maytag oven control board.
5. Transfer the overlay from the original Maytag control board. If you purchased an overlay that is compatible with the control board, connect the new overlay to the control board.
6. Install the new Maytag oven control board. Position the oven’s electronic control board and reinstall the mounting screws. Connect all wires on the Maytag oven controller board by using the digital image to help guide.
7. Attach the Maytag control panel back shield Put the control panel back shield onto the back of the control console. Attach the back shield with the screws for mounting.
8. Switch on the gas supply and plug the power cord in to restore power.
Make sure you slide the Maytag range back inside the cabinet, ensure that the foot that is used to level the rear of the range aligns with the anti-tip bracket to ensure that the range does not fall forward when you open the oven door and open the oven rack. Use a helper if necessary.
The replacement of a Maytag gas range oven control panel can appear to be a daunting task however, with the proper tools and directions it’s a doable job that could save time and cost. This article will explain how to replace a Maytag control board. We’ll also go over the steps involved in installing the new control board and testing it to ensure it’s working correctly. Following these steps, you can save the cost and inconvenience of hiring a professional , and bring your oven back into running in no time. Be sure to take precautions when working on appliances. If there are any questions check the manual of the manufacturer. You can replace the gas range oven control boards by using the help of basic DIY expertise. This will allow the cook to prepare delicious and delicious meals that are cooked perfectly.