Gas range ovens are an essential for many families, providing solid cooking capabilities and providing delicious meals for years. They are susceptible to issues in the course of time, like any appliance. A malfunctioning Inglis oven controller board is a frequent issue. This component is responsible to control the oven’s temperature, timer as well as other features of the oven. If it fails then you could find it difficult or impossible to use your oven. With a few basic tools and understanding it’s easy to replace the Inglis control boards at home. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps needed to replace a Inglis gas stove oven control board, so you are able to cook your favorite dishes in no time.
1. To prevent scratches to the flooring, disconnect the Inglis range to avoid scratches on the floor. Remove the range out of the cabinet, unplug the power cord and shut off the gas source. Use a helper if necessary.
2. Take off the Inglis control panel back shield.
3. Take off the Inglis oven control board You can take a digital photo of the wires attached to the control board to document their locations so you can connect the wires onto the new oven control board the same method. Connect all the wires to the control board for the oven. Take off the mounting screws and take the oven control board off the control panel.
4. Attach the overlay to the new Inglis oven control board The overlay placed on your current oven control board is in great shape and you’re intending to use on the new oven control board take care to remove the old overlay with the putty knife. You can attach the overlay to the brand new Inglis oven controller board leaving an adhesive residual.
5. Transfer the overlay from the original Inglis control board: If you bought an additional overlay for the control board the new overlay to the control board.
6. Install the Inglis oven controller board. Position the control board in the oven, then reattach the mounting screws. Connect all wires to the brand new Inglis oven control board by using your digital image as a guide.
7. Attach the Inglis control panel shield back shield. Install the back shield on the back console. Secure back shield by using mounting screws.
8. Restore power and reinstall the range: Connect the power cord into the electrical outlet and switch on the gas supply.
Install the Inglis range into the cabinet. Check that the front leveling foot is aligned with the anti-tip bracket to ensure that the oven doesn’t move forward when the oven door opens. Next, you can remove the oven rack that is loaded. Use a helper if necessary.
Although it could be daunting to replace the Inglis oven control board using the correct tools and instruction, this is a simple task that will save you time and money. This article will show you how to replace a Inglis oven control board. We’ll also outline the steps to follow when setting up the new control board, and verifying that it functions properly. If you follow these steps, you will avoid the expense and hassle of hiring a professional and bring your oven back into running in no time. Make sure you take safety precautions when working with appliances . Also, make sure to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines if have any doubts. If you’re patient and have some basic DIY skills you can repair your gas range’s control board, and then enjoy wonderful meals cooked perfectly.