Gas range ovens are a typical feature in many households. They provide reliable cooking capability and tasty meals for years. They are susceptible to issues over time, just like any appliance. A malfunctioning GE oven controller board is a frequent issue. It is the component that regulates the oven’s temp and timer. If it malfunctions or fails to function properly, you might find it difficult or impossible to use your oven. With the help of a few equipment and knowledge, it is easy to replace the GE control boards at your home. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps required to replace a GE gas range oven control board, so that you can start cooking your most-loved meals in no time.
1. To prevent scratches to the flooring, disconnect the GE range to avoid scratches on the floor. Take the range from the cabinet, remove its power cord, and turn off the gas supply. Use a helper if necessary.
2. Remove the GE control panel back shield.
3. Remove the GE oven control board Make a digital image of the wires attached the control board to document their positions so that you can connect the wires to your new oven control board in the same way. Unplug all wires from the oven control board. Take off the mounting screws and pull the oven control panel out of the control panel.
4. Attach the overlay onto your new GE oven controller board. If the overlay on an existing oven controller board is in good working order and you’d like to use it on the new control board, gently take off the overlay using the help of a knife. The adhesive residue should remain on the back of the overlay, so that it’s possible to connect the overlay to the new GE oven control board.
5. Transfer the overlay from an existing GE control board. Attach the new overlay to the control board if you purchased an overlay that is new.
6. Install the brand new GE oven control board: Position the electronic oven control board and then reinstall the screws that hold it in place. Be sure to connect all wires to the new GE oven control board by using your digital image as a reference.
7. Connect the GE control panel shield back shield. Place the control panel shield back shield on the back console. Attach the back shield with mounting screws.
8. Restore power and install the range. Plug the power cord into the electrical outlet, then turn on the gas supply.
Carefully slide the GE range back inside the cabinet ensuring that the leveling foot on the rear aligns with the anti-tip bracket so the range doesn’t fall forward when you lift the oven’s door and pull out a loaded oven rack. Use a helper if necessary.
Although it can be a bit daunting to replace the GE oven control board with the right equipment and guidelines, this is a simple task which will save you time and money. In this post we’ve laid out the steps required to replace the GE gas range control board. These include removing the old control board, replacing it with the new one, and testing to ensure that it’s working properly. Following these steps, you will avoid the expense and hassle hiring a professional and bring your oven back into running in no time. Be sure to take the necessary safety precautions while working with appliances . Also, make sure to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines if are unsure. It is easy to replace the gas range’s oven control boards by using some patience and basic DIY knowledge. This will enable the cook to prepare delicious, perfectly cooked meals.