Gas range ovens are a common feature for many families, providing the ability to cook with confidence and serving up delicious meals for many years. But, just like any other appliances, they are susceptible to issues with time. An issue with the Hotpoint oven controller board is an example of a typical issue. It is the component that controls the oven’s temperature and timer. It could make your oven impossible to use or to be difficult to use. With some basic tools and understanding it’s easy to replace the Hotpoint control boards at your home. We’ll show you how to replace the Hotpoint gas stove control board so that you can quickly get back to cooking your favorite meals.
1. Unplug the Hotpoint range and switch off the gas supply. Place a piece of cardboard in front of the range so that it doesn’t scratch the floor. Take the range out of the cabinet and remove the power cord. Shut off the gas source. Use a helper if necessary.
2. Remove the Hotpoint back shield of the control panel: Remove the screws from the control panel back shield and remove it from the range.
3. Remove the Hotpoint oven control board You can take a digital photo of the wires attached the control board. Document their location so that you can connect the wires to the new oven control board in the same way. Disconnect all the wires from the control board for the oven. Take out the mounting screws and remove the oven control board from the control panel.
4. Attach your overlay to the latest Hotpoint oven control board The overlay on your oven control board is in good condition and you’re going to use on the new oven control board take care to remove the previous overlay using the putty knife. The overlay can be attached to the brand new Hotpoint oven control board leaving an adhesive leftover.
5. Transfer the overlay to an existing Hotpoint control board: Connect the new overlay to the control board if you have purchased an additional overlay.
6. Install the new Hotpoint oven control board: Place the oven control board that is electronic and then reinstall the screws that hold it in place. Make sure you connect all the wires to the new Hotpoint oven control board by using your digital photo as a reference.
7. Reattach the Hotpoint back shield of the control panel Put the control panel back shield onto the back of the control console. Secure the back shield with the mounting screws.
8. Restore power and then reinstall the range: Plug the power cord into an electrical outlet and turn on the gas source.
Slide the Hotpoint range into the cabinet. Be sure that the rear leveling foot is aligned with the bracket for anti-tip to ensure that the range doesn’t slide forward when the oven door opens. Then, pull out the oven rack loaded. Use a helper if necessary.
Removing a Hotpoint gas range oven control board can appear like a daunting job, but with the right tools and instructions it’s a simple job that could save time and cash. This article will show you how to replace a Hotpoint control board. We’ll also go over the steps involved in installing the new control board, and testing it to ensure it functions properly. By following these steps you will be able to avoid the expense and hassle of hiring a professional to return your oven to running in no time. Be sure to take precautions when working on appliances. If there are any questions you should consult the instruction manuals of the manufacturer. It is easy to replace the gas range’s control boards by using the help of basic DIY knowledge. This will enable the cook to prepare delicious and well-cooked meals.