Gas range ovens are a popular appliance in many homes. They offer reliable cooking capabilities and tasty food for years. They can have problems in time, as every other appliance. An issue with the Bosch oven controller board is one common problem. This is the part that controls the oven’s temperature and timer. It could cause your oven to become impossible to use or to be difficult to use. Fortunately, changing the Bosch control board is a fairly simple job that can be completed at home with some basic tools and experience. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to replace a Bosch gas range oven control board, so that you can get back to cooking your most-loved food within a matter of minutes.
1. Unplug the Bosch range and switch off the gas supply. Place a piece of cardboard just in front of the range to stop it from scratching the floor. Remove the range from the cabinet and remove the power cord. Turn off the gas supply. Use a helper if necessary.
2. Remove the Bosch control panel back shield Take the screws off the back shield for the control panel and remove it from the range.
3. Take off the Bosch oven control board You can take a digital photo of the wires that are attached to the control board. Document the locations of them so that you are able to connect the wires to the new oven control board in the same method. All wires should be removed from the control board for the oven. Take out the screws that hold the oven in place and take the oven control board from the control panel.
4. Attach the overlay to the new Bosch oven control board The overlay on your oven control board is in great working order and you’re planning to use it the new control board for your oven take care to remove the existing overlay using the putty knife. The overlay can be attached to your brand new Bosch oven controller board leaving an adhesive leftover.
5. Transfer the overlay from the old Bosch control board. If you bought an overlay that is compatible with the control board, attach the new overlay to the control board.
6. Install the Bosch oven controller board. Position the control board over the oven. Then reconnect the screws for mounting. Be sure to connect all wires to the brand new Bosch oven control board using your digital image as a source of reference.
7. Attach the Bosch control panel shield back shield. Install the control panel shield back shield on the back console. Secure back shield by using mounting screws.
8. Turn on the gas supply and plug the power cord in to bring back power.
Then slide the Bosch range into the cabinet. Check that the front leveling foot is aligned with the bracket for anti-tip to ensure that the oven doesn’t move forward when the oven door opens. Then, pull out the oven rack loaded. Use a helper if necessary.
Although it may seem daunting to replace a Bosch oven control board using the correct equipment and guidelines, this is an easy task that will save you both time and money. This article will explain how to replace a Bosch oven’s control board. We’ll also discuss the steps involved in setting up the new control board and verifying that it functions properly. By following these steps you will avoid the expense and inconvenience of hiring a professional , and return your oven to working order in no time. Be sure to take the necessary safety precautions when working with appliances . Also, make sure to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines if are unsure. It is easy to replace the gas range’s control boards with a bit of patience and basic DIY knowledge. This will allow the cook to prepare delicious, delicious meals that are cooked perfectly.