You’ve probably had the experience of a GE washing machine that kept overflowing with water. It can not only waste water and energy but it can also cause damage to your floors as well as GE washer.
We’ll address common issues and offer step-by step directions to fix a GE washer which keeps filling up with water. You can find all the details you require to solve the issue with your GE washer, regardless whether you’re a professional or a beginner. Read on if you’re eager to repair the problem with your GE washer!
Water Inlet valve:
The Water Inlet Valve located on the inside of your GE washing machine allows you to supply the tub with cold, warm or hot water for the wash and rinse cycles. The valve is operated by electronic solenoids, which are controlled by the electronic control board, or timer as well as the water level control switch, or pressure switch. If your GE washer continues to fill during a cycle it is possible that the valve for water inlet could be in error. To verify that the valve is defective Unplug the GE washer as soon as the symptom appears. The valve that lets water into the washer could be malfunctioning if the washer fills constantly. If the washer ceases to fill the problem could be related to the circuit electrical that is controlling the valve. How to test the water valve within aGE washing machine with a multi-meter
1. Like other tests, make sure you’ve disconnected the power source from your GE appliance prior to beginning the test since you’ll be handling electrical components.
2. Locate and remove the water intake valve. It’s located behind the hose connections. To access it, you’ll require the rear panel to be removed.
3. Visually inspect the valve to see if there are any signs of wear or damage. The valve has screens inside it. Examine these screens for any debris. be careful as these screens cannot be replaced If they are damaged, you’ll need to replace the entire valve.
4. A multi-meter is used to Rx1 make sure you connect the probes to the valve’s terminals. You should receive a different reading for every model. Consult your manual to find out what measurement you should receive.
5. If your valve is damaged or your test results don’t match those recommended by the manufacturer You will require GE replacement water inlet valve.
Water Level Switch & Pressure Switch & Air Dome Tube:
The water level switch is a switch that activates by pressure that determines the proper level of water in the tub. The control panel will usually contain this feature. It will be attached to the tub using a hose, or air dome tube. For GE washers, which have an electronic control the switch might be located in the sump beneath the tub. When the water is filled into the tub, it will compress the air inside the tube. It will then push against the diaphragm of the switch. The water inlet valve is controlled by the switch, which shuts off the valve at the correct level of water. The washer might overfill if it is damaged or leaky. If the switch is not working properly, it may also result in the machine overfilling. How to check the water level switch of a GE washing machine
1. Because you’ll be working with electrical components, ensure that you have disconnected your washer from the power source prior to starting.
2. For the removal and location of the water-level switch and air dome tube from the inside of your GE washer, just open the cabinet. When the air dome tube has been removed, place one end inside the tank, and blow it into the other. Undamaged hoses will not produce bubbles.
3. Inspect the valve and hose for wear, cracks or damage. If you find any problems after the above inspections it is possible that you require a GE replacement Water Level Switch.
In conclusion, a GE washing machine that isn’t filling with water can be a frustrating and potentially costly trouble to solve. But, by identifying the causes that are most likely to cause this issue and taking necessary steps to remedy it, you’ll reduce your time and expense. It doesn’t matter if the issue is an issue with the water level switch or a blocked inlet valve, the solutions outlined in this article can aid you in getting the GE washing machine to work properly.
Before you attempt any repairs, it’s a good idea review the instruction manual of the washer. It will provide specific steps to troubleshoot and security precautions. If you’re uncertain about your abilities to solve the issue on your own It’s best to get an expert to assist with the repair. With a bit of experience and the right approach you can fix GE washers that won’t fill with water. Then, get back to laundry.