It is required to remove the front or rear panels to gain access to the shock absorbers or struts. Unbalanced loads can cause washers to shake or move as well as shock absorbers that are damaged or weak create loud noises when spinning. It is imperative to fix the problem immediately. How do you test the shock absorbers in the Speed Queen washing machine.
- Before you start washing your clothes, unplug the machine.
- Find the shock absorbers. You’ll have to remove the front or rear panel off, based on the model you have.
- Check the shock absorbers for worn attachments, weak dampening actions or leaks.
- New shock absorbers are necessary in the event of any of these symptoms. Both shocks must be replaced at the same time.
Suspension Spring & Tub Spring
Your Speed Queen washing machine’s suspension springs serve to hold or support your tub from the base. They absorb and block out vibrations generated by the spin cycles of the Speed Queen washing machine. These springs can sometimes become bent, damaged, or detached, causing excessive noise and vibrations when spinning. How do you inspect the springs in the washer’s suspension
- Before you begin, turn off the power supply.
- To gain access to the suspension springs, unhook the top or front panels of the Speed Queen washing machine.
- Inspect the springs to check for damage or stretching and ensure that they are securely fastened on both sides. Make sure you are careful when replacing springs already under tension. Always wear protective clothing.
- If you notice stretch, damage, or wear on your suspension springs , replacement springs might be necessary. We recommend replacing the springs in your suspension that are damaged immediately. They wear out at about the same rate.
Snubber Ring & Damper Pad & Tube Pads
A Snubber ring is a piece of equipment that reduces the vibrations of Speed Queen washing machines when spinning. It’s usually at the bottom of your machine and acts as an insulator between the tub support assembly and the base. Most tub wear pads and snubber rings are made of hard plastic. Some damper pads are composed out of lubricated felt. Each design will eventually wear down, and the tub could be moved too much. They could also wear down to the point that the tub support contacts the base of the metal washer. The washer may shake in uncontrollable ways in these situations. How to test a damper pad inside the Speed Queen washing machine:
- Unplug the washer, and take off the front panel.
- Look for and inspect the snubber. To examine the snubber you’ll need to pull off the tub springs.
- Find white dust close to or around the plastic style snubber. Check for dry or dislodged pad materials for the felt-style.
- You are required to purchase a replacement nubber ring in the event that you suffer from any of these symptoms.
Tub Dampening Strap
Top-load washers equipped with tub dampening straps can be used to cushion the tub’s movement during spin cycles. Four straps are secured to the tub’s corner and top corners. The straps made of rubber can be worn out by normal use. If the straps are stretched or damaged, the tub might come in contact with the cabinet while spinning. This causes the washer to shake, move, and create a loud banging sound. The excessive use and the heavy load will strain the straps, which can lead to premature failure. How do I check the tub dampening buckle inside a Speed Queen washing machine.
- The first step is to unplug the washer. Then, you can move the cabinet open to reveal the tub dampening straps.
- Each strap is attached to the tub, and one corner of the cabinet. Examine the tub dampening straps for any indications of wear, damage, fraying or damages.
- If you suffer from any of these symptoms, you’ll require four replacement tub dampening band. It is suggested that all four of your straps be replaced as soon as they are worn out since they wear approximately at the same rate.
The washer’s legs are designed to help provide support to it. They can also be adjusted to ensure that the washer is level. Certain models have four threaded legs whereas others have two and two self-leveling rear legs. Make sure that your Speed Queen washing machine is level and securely in place on its four feet if it shakes or vibrates throughout the spin cycle. How do you test the leveling legs of a Speed Queen washing machine?
- This repair is not requiring the dismantling of the appliance. However it is advised that you disconnect the appliance prior to you begin.
- To reach the feet, tilt the washer machine on its side or side.
- First, make sure all leveling feet are equal. If you notice that any of the feet that are level is not level, perform an experiment. If the issue persists look for indications of wear and damages to the feet and ensure they are correctly threaded.
- Replacement leveling legs are necessary if you have any of these issues.