Shock absorbers will be employed in front-load Electrolux washing machines in order to reduce tub movement during spin cycles. It is necessary to take off the rear or front panels to get access to the shock absorbers or struts. Unbalanced loads could cause washers to shake or move, and shock absorbers that are weak or damaged will create a loud banging noise when spinning. It is important to correct the problem immediately. How to inspect the shock absorbers inside a Electrolux washing machine.
- Before you begin to wash clothes, unplug the machine.
- Find the shock absorbers. Depending on the model, you’ll need to take off either the rear or front panel.
- Examine the shock absorbers for damage, attachments, weak dampening mechanisms or leaks.
- It is necessary to replace the shock absorbers when you notice any of the symptoms. Both shocks must be replaced simultaneously.
Suspension spring and tub spring
The suspension springs of your Electrolux washing machine are used to hold or support your tub’s base. They absorb and disperse vibrations generated by the spin cycles of your Electrolux washing machine. Sometimes, the springs become bent, damaged or shattered, causing excessive noise and vibration when spinning. How do you inspect the springs in the washer’s suspension
- Before you begin, unplug the power supply.
- To gain access to the suspension springs, unhook the top or front panel from the washer.
- Inspect the springs for damages or stretching and make sure they are properly secured on both sides. Careful when replacing springs that are currently in tension. Always wear protection clothing.
- If you notice stretch, damage, or wear to the suspension springs , replacement springs might be needed. If you spot any suspension springs that are in poor condition, we suggest replacing them all in one go. They wear out around similar rate.
Snubber Ring and Damper Pad & Tube Wear Pads
A snubber’s ring is an item that dampens machine’s vibrations during spin cycles. It’s usually near the bottom of your machine, and serves as an extra cushion between the tub support and base. The majority of tub wear pads as well as snubber rings are made of hard plastic. Certain damper pads are made from lubricated felt. Each design will eventually wear out and permit the tub to move excessively. They may also become too weak to support the tub. The washer could shake out of control in these instances. How to examine a damper pad in your washer machine:
- Remove the front panel from your washer machine by unplugging it.
- Locate and inspect the snubber. To examine the snubber you’ll need to pull out the tub springs.
- Seek out white dust near or around the plastic snubber. For the style with felt check for dislodged or dry pads. If you exhibit any of these symptoms, it is time to replace your nubber ring.
Tub Dampening Strap
Top load washers equipped with tub dampening straps can be used to cushion tub movement throughout spin cycles. The tub’s top and each corner of the cabinet is secured with four straps. Normal usage can cause the straps’s rubber to wear out. The tub might come into contact with the cabinet while spinning if the straps become stretched or damaged. The washer shakes and then move with great force, generating the sound of a bang. The straps can become stiffer when the washer is being used frequently and with large loads. This could cause premature failure. How to examine the buckles that dampen the tub of Electrolux washing machines.
- Begin by unplugging the Electrolux washing machine. Then, you can move the cabinet open to reveal the tub dampening straps.
- Each strap is connected to the tub and one side of the cabinet. Inspect the tub dampening straps for signs of fraying, wear or the possibility of damage.
- If you suffer from any of the symptoms, you’ll require four tub dampening bands to be replaced. Since they wear out at about the same rate that is why it is advised to replace all four straps at once.
The washer’s leveling legs help to support it. They can also be adjusted to ensure that the washer is set to level. Some models come with four threaded legs , while others come with two or two legs that self-level. If your Electrolux washing machine vibrates or shakes during the spin cycle, you should ensure that it is properly seated and level on all four legs. How can you check the leveling legs of an appliance for washing?
- While this repair does not require dismantling the appliance, we strongly suggest you disconnect it prior.
- To access the feet, the washer should be turned to face either direction.
- Start by making sure all feet that level are equally. If you find that one feet on the leveling system is not level, perform one test. If the issue persists, check for signs of wear and injuries to the feet and ensure that they are correctly threaded.
- Replacement leveling legs are required if you suffer from any of these issues.