Gas range ovens are a popular feature in many households. They provide reliable cooking capability and tasty food for years. They are susceptible to issues in time, as any appliance. One common issue that may be triggered is a malfunctioning Speed Queen oven control board. This component is responsible to control the temperature, timer and other functions of your oven. If it fails then you could find it difficult or even impossible to operate your oven. Fortunately, changing the Speed Queen control board is an easy job that can be completed at home using a few basic tools and experience. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to replace a Speed Queen gas range oven control board, so that you are able to cook your most-loved meals in no time.
1. Unplug the Speed Queen range and shut off the gas supply: Place the cardboard in front of the range to avoid scratching the floor. Unplug the range from the cabinet and remove the power cord. Turn off the gas source. Use a helper if necessary.
2. Remove the Speed Queen control panel’s back shield.
3. Take off the Speed Queen oven control board Make a digital image of the wires connected to the control board, to note their positions so that you can connect the wires to your new control board of the oven the same way. The wires must be separated from the control board of the oven. Unscrew the mounting screws, then pull the oven control panel out of the control panel.
4. Attach the overlay to your brand new Speed Queen oven controller board. If the overlay that is on the existing oven controller board is in excellent condition and you’d like to install it on the new control board gently take off the overlay using the help of a knife. The overlay can be attached to the new Speed Queen oven control board leaving an adhesive residue.
5. Transfer the overlay to the existing Speed Queen control board. If you bought an overlay that is compatible with the control board, you can attach the new overlay onto the control board.
6. Install the new Speed Queen oven control board: Place the control board for the electronic oven and then reinstall the screws that hold it in place. Connect all wires to the Speed Queen oven controller board by using the digital image to guide you.
7. Attach the Speed Queen control panel back shield The control panel should be placed back shield on the back of the control console and secure the back shield using screws for mounting.
8. Restore power and install the range: Plug the power cord into the electrical outlet and switch on the gas source.
Slide the Speed Queen range into the cabinet. Check that the rear leveling foot is aligned with the anti-tip bracket to make sure that the range won’t move forward when the oven door opens. After that, remove the oven rack loaded. Use a helper if necessary.
Although it can be a bit daunting to replace the Speed Queen oven control board, using the correct tools and instruction, this is a simple task that will save you time and cost. This guide will help you understand how to replace a Speed Queen oven control board. We’ll also outline the steps to follow when setting up the new control board and checking it to ensure it functions properly. Following these steps, you can avoid the cost and inconvenience hiring a professional and restore your oven to functioning in no time. Make sure you take safety precautions when working with appliances and consult the manufacturer’s guidelines if have any questions. If you’re patient and have some basic skills in DIY you can repair your gas range’s control board and relish many tasty meals that are cooked to perfection.