This step-by-step washer repair guide shows how to replace the drain pump of a Samsung top-load washer. If you’re experiencing problems with your Samsung washer won’t drain it, you must first check the drain for a clog and the drain hose for the washer to see if there is a kink. Do not skip this step to troubleshoot. If the drain and drain hose are clear, replace the drain pump with a manufacturer-approved washer part if the pump runs but doesn’t pump out the water, or if it doesn’t run at all because the motor no longer works. Replacing the Samsung drain pump on top load washer
1. Shut off water and electricity. Unplug power cord from wall outlet: Switch off the valves for water supply to the washer. Wear protective gloves to protect your hands. Ask someone to assist you in moving the Samsung washer away from the wall.
2. Remove the hoses. Mark which fillhose goes to which connector: Use channel lock pliers to carefully remove two fill hoses. You can expect some water to spill out. Pull the drain hose out of the standpipe that is behind the washer. You can expect some water to spill out.
3. Make sure you lay the washer flat on its front panels: Then move the Samsung washer to a place where you can work on it. To avoid scratches from the Samsung washer’s front panel, you can place the cardboard or towels in front. Take care to move the Samsung washer forward and lay it on its front side so it is possible to reach the drain pump at the bottom of the washer.
4. To take the drain pump off you need to use pliers to release the spring clamp: The drain hose needs to be pulled away from the drain pump. The cover protecting the drain pump’s wire harness plug is open. The drain pump’s wire harness plug can be removed from its receptacle. Take off the three bolts that anchor the drain pump at the bottom of the tub. The pump can be removed and place aside to be disposed of.
5. Install the new drain pumps: Put the drain pump on the top of the Samsung washer. Fix it by using the 3 bolts. Connect the wire harness to the receptacle for the new pump. Close the cover over the wire harness connector. Push the drain hose back onto the outlet of the drain pump. Make sure it is secured with the spring clamp.
6. Set the washer upright: Make sure you set the Samsung washer up straight and move it close enough to the fill hoses so that you can connect them.
7. Reinstall the fill hoses: The fill hoses should be threaded onto the connections to the back of the Samsung washer. Make use of a pair of channel lock pliers to tighten the connections.
8. Restore power and water by turning on the valves to supply water: Connect the washer tight if you discover a leak. Connect the washer to the outlet. Replace the Samsung washer in its original place. While replacing the Samsung drain pumps that are used in top-load washers may seem difficult the process is easy for anyone with the proper tools.
As we’ve seen in this post, the process involves disconnecting the water and power source and gaining access to the pump and installing the new pump. Always unplug your Samsung washer before attempting repairs. If there are any issues you should consult the manual or contact a professional. With just a bit of patience and time you’ll be able to have your Samsung washer back in operation and cut down on the cost of repairs. Remember also to test the machine after replacing the drain pump to ensure that it’s working correctly and there’s no leakage.