This step-by-step washer repair guide shows you how to repair the drain pump of the top load Miele washer. Check your drain to see if there are any obstructions. The next step is to examine the drain hose, to see whether there is an issue with the. If the drain and drain hose are clear, replace the drain pump with a manufacturer-approved washer part if the pump runs but doesn’t pump out the water, or if it doesn’t run at all because the motor no longer works.
Replacing the Miele drain pump on top-loading washers
1. Shut off power and water: Disconnect the power cord to the wall outlet. Switch off the water supply valves for the washer. Wear protective gloves to protect your hands. Help someone move the Miele washer away from the wall.
2. Connect the hoses: Mark which fill hose goes to which connector. Use channel lock pliers to carefully take off two fill hoses. Expect water to spill out. Take the drain hose off of the standpipe to the side of the washer. Be prepared for water to leak out.
3. Place the washer onto its front panels: Transfer the Miele washer into an area that you can work on. To avoid scratches from the Miele washer’s front panel, set the cardboard or towels in front. To access the drain pump, tilt the Miele washer in a forward position and place it on the front of the panel.
4. Remove the drain pump: Use pliers to loosen the spring clamp from the drain pipe. Take the drain hose out of the drain pump. The cover that protects the drain pump’s wire harness is open. Pull the wire harness plug from the receptacle of the drain pump. Remove the 3 bolts that connect the drain pump to the bottom of the tub. Pull the pump off and place aside to be disposed of.
5. Install the new drain pump: Place the new drain pump on the bottom of the Miele washer and secure it with the three bolts. Connect the wire harness to the receptacle that is on the new pump. Cover the wire harness connection. Push the drain hose back to the outlet of the drain pump. Use the spring clamp to fix it.
6. Put the washer on its feet: Set the Miele washer up straight and move it close enough to the filling hoses that you can connect them.
7. Reinstall the fill hoses and thread the fill hoses onto the connectors on the back of your Miele washer: Use a pair of channel lock pliers to secure the connections.
8. Repair the power and water Switch on the valves that supply water: Close the connection if you detect a small leak. Connect the washer to the outlet. Restore the Miele washer to its original place.
Although the process of replacing the Miele drain pumps that are used in top-load washers might seem daunting however, anyone can accomplish it with the appropriate tools. The procedure involves disconnecting power and water supplies while accessing the pump as well as setting up the new pump. You should always unplug your Miele washer prior to attempting any repairs. If you are unsure then refer to the manual or talk to an expert. You can fix your Miele washer to function again by putting in a bit of effort and some time. Be sure to inspect the machine for leaks after you’ve changed the drain pump.