This LG washer repair guide gives step-by-step instructions for fixing the lid switch and lock assembly for a top-load LG washer. The washer’s lid switch is able to tell whether it’s opened or shut. When the lid is open and closed, the LG washer will not start. The lid is secure during the cycle using a lock. If the lid switch, or lock, isn’t functioning properly and the lock light blinks, then the washer might need a replacement lid switch or lock. We suggest that you consult a technician from your local washer examine any other issues. If the lid switch/lock assembly is faulty, replace the assembly with a manufacturer-approved washer part. This repair guide addresses the vertical modular washers. Vertical modular washers utilize an ultra-high-speed spin that removes water from the load. The lid remains locked to protect you from spinning parts that are fast. Replace the lock on the lid of a top-loading LG dishwasher
- Shut off power and water. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Shut off the water supply valves for the LG washer. Make sure your hands are protected with gloves. Ask someone to assist you in moving the washer away from the wall.
- Lift the top panel up: Cover the lid with tape so that it doesn’t fall open and damage the console, or strike your arms as you work. Pull the LG washer forward to reach the back of the console. The top screws holding the LG washer’s back and sides together are removed. Take off the wire cover and take out the screw. Move the top panel forward by about half an inch . Then, raise the top of the panel by about one quarter of an inch. Keep the panel slightly elevated and pull it back by a quarter inch to unhook the brackets. The top panel is able to be lifted to be positioned against the wall , behind the LG washer.
- Release the lid switch/lock assembly from the top panel: Using a 1/4-inch nut driver and remove the two mounting screws that connect the lid switch/lock assembly the top panel. The lid switch and lock assembly can be removed from the top panel. The lid switch and lock assembly remains attached to the wire harness. Let it hang on the wire harness for now. To take the wire harness clips from the top panel, make use of the slot screwdriver. Pry out the wire harness in white plastic located on the back of the panel’s front. The wire harness is still connected to the electronic control board within the console. The black plastic clip needs to be removed from the top panel. Don’t pull or take off the wire harness yet.
- Open the console. Carefully lower its top panel, then put it on the top of the LG washer. Move the washer forward for access to the back of the console. Remove the two screws from the top of the back panel of the console. Press the control panel and slide a knife through the right-hand corner of the control panel to loosen the mounting clip. To let the console go do the same process to the left. Set the console on the top of the LG washer.
- Remove the lid switch/lock assembly Find the wire harness connection for the lid switch and lock assembly on the side of the control board. Lift the locking tab and pull the lid switch/lock wire harness plug from the receptacle of the control board’s electronic circuit. The lid switch/lock assembly wiring harness must be threaded into the hole at the back of your top panel. Release the tape on the lid and lift the lid of the washer. The lock/lock switch on the washer’s lid is out. Close the lid again.
- Install the new lid switch and lock assembly. The console should be re-snapped to its clips for mounting. Then, move the LG washer towards the back wall. Lift the top panel and then place it against the back wall in front of the LG washer. Put the end of the wire harness into the hole on the bottom of the panel. The white wire harness clip needs to be inserted into the hole. The wire harness should be routed through the side panel on the top panel. The wire harness should be secured with the clips at the edges of the top panels. Install the lid switch and lock assembly on top of the panel. Secure it using the screws for mounting. Lower the top panel. Reverse the panel about one quarter inch to lock the brackets. To ensure that the panel is flush with the frame, press the panel back a quarter inch. Release the clips and lift the console to access the electronic control board. Connect the wire harness to the correct connector on the electronic controller board. Make sure that the locking tab snaps into place.
- Reinstall the console: The console should be placed on top of the top panel and then attach the mounting clips to secure it onto the top panel. Install the screws on the top of the back panel on the console. Tighten the screws tightly.
- Install the screws on the back panel again: Reinstall the screws at the top of your console’s hinges. These screws should be tightened. The tabs should be put on the right side. Next to align the slots to the left side. Install the mounting screw. Close the mounting screw to hold the cover in the right position.
- Make sure to turn on the valves that supply water to restore power and water. Connect the LG washer to the outlet. Restore the LG washer in its original position. You’ll be able to change the lock and lid switch assembly of the top-loading LG washer. If your lid lock or switch isn’t working correctly, and the lock light flashes, it could suggest a need for replacement.