Gas range ovens are a common feature in many households. They offer reliable cooking capability and tasty meals for years. They are susceptible to issues in time, as every other appliance. A malfunctioning LG oven controller board is an example of a typical issue. This component is responsible for regulating the oven’s temperature, timer, as well as other features of the oven. If it malfunctions, you may find it difficult or impossible to use your oven. With the help of a few tools and information it’s simple to change the LG control boards at home. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps required to replace a LG gas stove oven control board so that you can be back cooking your favorite food in no time.
1. To prevent scratches to the floor, unplug the LG range to avoid scratches on the floor. Take the range from the cabinet, remove its power cord, and turn off the gas supply. Use a helper if necessary.
2. Remove the LG control panel back shield remove the screws from the back of the control panel and then pull it away from the range.
3. Take off the LG oven control board You can take a digital photo of the wires connected to the control board, to note their locations so you can connect the wires to your new control board of the oven the same method. All wires should be removed from the control board of the oven. Take out the mounting screws and take out the oven control board from the control panel.
4. Attach the overlay to the new LG oven control board The overlay on your oven control board is in great shape and you’re intending to use on the new oven control board take care to remove the overlay with an emery knife. A sufficient amount of adhesive will remain on the reverse of the overlay, so that you can attach it to the brand new LG oven control board.
5. Transfer the overlay from an existing LG control board. Attach the new overlay to your control board, if you bought an entirely new overlay.
6. Install the LG oven controller board. Set the control board in the oven, then reconnect the mounting screws. Connect all wires to the LG oven controller board by using your photo from your digital camera to serve as a reference.
7. Connect the LG control panel shield back shield. Set the control panel shield back shield on the back console. Secure back shield by using mounting screws.
8. Make sure to turn on the gas source and connect the power cord to restore power.
Place the LG range into the cabinet. Check that the rear leveling foot is aligned with the anti-tip bracket to make sure that the range won’t move forward when the oven door opens. After that, remove the oven rack loaded. Use a helper if necessary.
Replacing the LG gas range oven control panel can seem like a daunting task but, with the right equipment and the right instructions, it is a manageable job that could save time and money. This article will show you how to replace a LG oven control board. We’ll also outline the steps involved in installing the new control board and checking it to ensure it functions properly. By following these steps you will be able to avoid the expense and hassle of hiring a professional and get your oven back to working order in no time. Always use safety precautions when working on appliances. If you have any questions follow the instructions of the manufacturer. You can easily change the gas range’s oven control boards with some perseverance and basic DIY skills. This will enable you to enjoy delicious and delicious meals that are cooked perfectly.