This step-by-step washer repair guide shows you how to change the drain pump on a top-load LG washer. First, check your drain to see if there are any obstructions. Next, inspect the drain hose to determine whether there is a kink.
If the drain and drain hose are clear, replace the drain pump with a manufacturer-approved washer part if the pump runs but doesn’t pump out the water, or if it doesn’t run at all because the motor no longer works. Repair of the LG drain pump with top-loading washer
1. Shut off water and electricity: Unplug the power cord from wall outlet. Turn off the valves for water supply that are connected to the washer. Protect your hands with work gloves. Have someone help you move the LG washer away from the wall.
2. Unplug the hoses: Mark which fill hose goes to the hot connector and which one goes to the cold connector. Utilize channel lock pliers to carefully remove the two fill hoses. Expect water to spill out. Take the drain hose off of the standpipe to the side of the washer. Expect some water to flow out.
3. Make sure you lay the washer flat on its front panels: Moving the LG washer to a place that you can work in it. Lay towels or cardboard on top of the washer in order to avoid scratching the front of the LG washer. To reach the drain pump, tilt the LG washer to the forward direction and then place it on the front of the panel.
4. To take the drain pump off you need to use pliers to release the clamp. The drain hose should be removed from the drain pump. The cover covering the wiring harness for the drain pump is open. Take the wire harness connector out of the receptacle that is on the drain pump. The drain pump is secured to the bottom by 3 bolts. Remove the pump and put it aside to dispose of.
5. Install the drain pump that you purchased. Position the new drain pump at the top of the LG washer and secure it using 3 bolts. Plug the wire harness into the receptacle for the new pump. Close the cover around the wire harness connector. Install the drain hose at the outlet of the drain pump. Connect the spring clamp to hold it in place.
6. Set the washer on its side: Move the washer closer to the fill lines as you can to allow them to be reconnected.
7. Reinstall the fill hoses to thread the fill hoses onto the connectors at the back of the LG washer. Tighten the connections firmly with a pair lock pliers.
8. Restore power and water by activating the valves for water supply. Make sure you tighten the connection if discover a leak. Connect the washer to an electrical outlet. Then, return the LG washer to its original location. In the end it is necessary to replace the LG drain pump of top-load washers is somewhat of a challenging task, but with correct tools and instruction it is achievable by anyone.
As we’ve learned in this article, the process involves disconnecting the water and power source as well as gaining access to the pump, and installing the new pump. You should always unplug your LG washer prior to making any repairs. If you are unsure, consult the manual or speak to a professional. With a little patience and effort you’ll be able to have your LG washer back in operation and cut down on the cost of repairs. Make sure you check the machine for leakage after replacing the drain pump.