This step-by-step washer repair guide will help you replace the drain pump in the top load Amana washer. Check your washing machine’s drain to find any obstructions. Then, examine the drain hose and determine whether there’s any kinks.
If the drain and drain hose are clear, replace the drain pump with a manufacturer-approved washer part if the pump runs but doesn’t pump out the water, or if it doesn’t run at all because the motor no longer works. Replace the Amana drain pump in a top-load washer
1. Turn off electricity and water. Unplug power cord from wall outlet. Turn off the valves for water supply that are connected to the washer. Wear protective gloves. Help someone to move the Amana washer off the wall.
2. Connect the hoses to each other: Mark which fill hose connects to the hot connector and which one goes to the cold connector. Use channel lock pliers to carefully remove two fill hoses. There is a chance for water to leak out. The drain hose needs to be pulled away from the standpipe that is in the front of the washer. Expect some water to pour out.
3. Lay the washer gently onto its front panels. Transfer the Amana washer to an area that you are able to work in. To avoid scratches on the Amana washer’s front panel, you can place the cardboard or towels in front. To reach the drain pump, tilt the Amana washer to a upward direction, and then position it on the front of the panel.
4. To remove the drain pump Use pliers in order to loosen the spring clamp. Remove the drain hose from the drain pump. The cover that covers the drain pump’s wire harness plug is open. The drain pump’s wire harness is able to be removed from its receptacle. The drain pump is secured to the bottom by 3 bolts. The pump can be removed and place it aside for disposal.
5. Install the drain pump that you purchased. Place the new drain pump on the lower part of the Amana washer and secure it with the three bolts. The wire harness needs to be connected to the outlet of the new pump. Secure the wire harness connection. Place the drain hose on the outlet of the drain pump. Attach it using the spring clamp.
6. Place the washer on its side: Move the washer closer to the fill hoses as you can so that they can be reconnected.
7. Install the fill hoses again: Thread the fill hoses onto the connections on the back of your Amana washer. Make sure the connections are tightened by using a pair of channel lock pliers.
8. Restore water and power by turning on the valves to supply water. If you notice leaks, tighten your connection. Plug the washer into an electrical outlet. Replace the Amana washer in its original place. In the end it is necessary to replace the Amana drain pump on top-load washers is a bit of a daunting task, but with correct tools and instruction, it can be accomplished by anyone.
As we’ve seen in this article, the procedure involves disconnecting water and power source in order to gain access to the pump and installing the new pump. It is important to disconnect the Amana washer prior to making any repairs, and if you’re not sure about any aspect of the process then read the instruction manual from the manufacturer or consult a professional assistance. It is possible to fix your Amana washer working again with a little patience and a little bit of patience. Also, make sure to check the machine after replacing the drain pump to ensure that it’s running properly and that there isn’t any leakage.