If you’ve ever found yourself asking yourself the reason why your Speed Queen washing machine is filling and draining at the same time it’s not a problem for you. This is a very common issue and is caused by many things. We’ll discuss the most common causes and giving step-by-step directions on fixing an appliance from Speed Queen that is able to drain and fill at the same time. This guide is for those who are an expert DIYer or amateur. It will guide you through how to fix your Speed Queen washer back to working condition, no matter at what stage you are at.
Water Inlet Valve
The water inlet valve of your Speed Queen washing machines is used to fill tubs with hot, cold or warm water. The solenoids on the electrical circuits control the valve. They are controlled by the electronic control board including the timer, water level control/water selector or the pressure switch. If your Speed Queen washer continues to fill during the drain cycle, the water inlet valve could be the cause. To determine if the valve is at fault remove the washer from the outlet when the symptoms appear. If the Speed Queen washer continues to fill, the valve inlet is not functioning properly. If the Speed Queen washer stops filling the water, then the issue is in the circuit of electricity that controls the valve. How to check the valve that opens water for a Speed Queen washing machine using a multimeter
- Unplug the water supply and the power source of your Speed Queen washer before beginning.
- For testing the valve, you must take it out. It is hidden behind the hose connections. You’ll need to remove all or part of your cabinet for your washer to get it out.
- There could be screens within the valve that are filled with dirt and particles. You must clean up any debris or dirt that you discover. These screens cannot be sold as a separate item and will need to be replaced should they become damaged. Also, you should inspect the outside of the valve for damage, wear, or cracks.
- The owner’s manual you have will give you the readings of resistance for valves that are functional. They are different between Speed Queen washer models. When you’ve achieved the correct reading, set your multimeter on RX1 to be in contact with the terminals of your valve’s terminals.
- If the test shows your valve isn’t in continuity, you will need a Speed Queen replacement valve for water inlet.
Water Level Switch or Pressure Switch and Air Dome Tube
The water level switch is a pressure activated switch which is used to determine the correct water level in the tub. It is typically located in the back of the control panel, and it will have a hose or air dome tube connecting it to the tub. The switch can be located below the tub in Speed Queen washers with an electronic control. When the water is filled into the tub it will compress the air in the tube and push against an internal diaphragm within the switch. The switch will control the water inlet valve and shut off the valve at the correct water level. How do you check the water level in the Speed Queen washer machine:
- Before you start working with electric components, be sure to unplug your appliance.
- Begin by opening the Speed Queen cabinet of the washer, and then removing the air dome hose. The hose should be placed in water and then seal the end. After that, blow the other end of the hose into the water. It is necessary to replace the air dome hose in case bubbles form.
- Examine the switch and pipe for signs of fraying, cracking wear or damage.
- It is possible to replace the water level switch in the event that it has been damaged.
In the end the conclusion is that it is true that a Speed Queen washing machine that drains and fills up simultaneously can be a gruelling issue to solve If you have the right information and tools its fixable. You can fix it quickly. most common problems, including the blocked drain hose, defective water inlet valve or malfunctioning pressure switch. Be sure to check your Speed Queen washer’s owner’s guide for specific instructions and to unplug the appliance prior to attempting repairs. With just a bit of patience and know-how and a little know-how, you’ll have your Speed Queen washing machine running like new in no time.