If you’ve ever found yourself looking for the reason the reason why your KitchenAid washing machine is filling and draining simultaneously You’re not alone. This is a typical issue which can be caused by various problems. In this article, we’ll talk about some of the most prevalent reasons for this issue and provide step-by-step instructions on how to fix the problem with a KitchenAid washing machine that fills and drains simultaneously. Whether you’re a seasoned DIYer or an aspiring fixer-upper, this guide can help you get your KitchenAid washing machine back to working order in no time.
Water Inlet Valve
The water inlet valve of your KitchenAid washing machine is used to refill the tubs with hot, cold or warm water. The solenoids in the electric circuit control the valve. They are controlled by the electronic control board including the timer, water level control/water selector or the pressure switch. The water inlet valve may be the problem if your KitchenAid washer gets full during a drain cycle. To determine if the valve is at fault, unplug the washer when the symptom occurs. If the KitchenAid washer does not stop filling, then the inlet valve is malfunctioning. If the KitchenAid washer does not fill it may be related to the circuit of electricity that is controlling the valve. How do you check the valve that opens water for aKitchenAid washing machines with the multimeter:
- Disconnect the water supply as well as the power source of your KitchenAid washer prior to beginning.
- To test the valve, take it off. It’s located in the hose connection. To remove the valve you’ll need to take apart the cabinet of your washer.
- Inside the valve you will discover screens that could be contaminated by deposits of dirt or particles. Be sure to clean everything you see, but be sure to use caution as these screens are not sold independently from the valve, and when they are damaged, you’ll have to replace the whole valve. Also, examine the exterior of the valve for cracks wear and damage.
- Refer to your owner’s manual since the resistance reading for a functional valve varies between the various models of KitchenAid washers. When you’ve determined the resistance reading you should see Set your multi-meter at Rx1 and then connect the probes to the valve’s terminals. If the valve isn’t in continuity, you can get the KitchenAid replacement valve.
Water level switch, also known as a pressure switch & air dome tube
The water level switch, activated by water pressure, can be used to regulate the water level within the tub. The part is usually situated behind the control panel. It will include a hose or a dome tube that connects it to the tub. For KitchenAid washers with electronic controls switch, the switch might be located at the bottom of the sump, beneath the tub. The water will fill the tub and pressurize the air inside it, pushing against the diaphragm. The switch controls the valve that opens water and close the valve when it reaches the proper water level. How do you check the water level switch in aKitchenAid washing machine:
- Before you begin working with electrical components, make sure you disconnect your appliance.
- Start by opening the KitchenAid cabinet for the washer and taking out the air dome hose. Place the hose into water and seal the end. After that, blow the other end into the water. It is necessary to replace the air dome hose in case bubbles begin to form.
- Examine the hose and switch for fraying, cracks, or wear.
- If you suspect that your switch has been damaged and you require an KitchenAid replacement water switch. In the end it is clear that the KitchenAid washing machine that drains and fills simultaneously could be a gruelling issue to resolve however, with the proper skills and knowledge this issue is fixable. When you are able to identify the most common sources of this issue for example, a clogged drain hose, a faulty water inlet valve, or an inoperable pressure switch, you’ll repair your KitchenAid washer back in good and running in no time. For more information, make sure you refer to the KitchenAid washer’s user’s manual. Make sure to unplug your appliance prior to making any repairs. With a little perseverance and knowledge and a little know-how, you’ll have your KitchenAid washing machine functioning as good as new in no time.