If you’ve ever had the experience of dealing with an Inglis washing machine that just won’t stop filling up with water you’ll know how frustrating it could be. It’s not just a waste of water and energy, it could also cause damage to your floors or even to your Inglis washing machine itself. We’ll address common issues and give step-by-step directions for fixing a Inglis washer that is constantly filled with water. If you’re an experienced DIYer or just a novice, you’ll find all the details you require to fix your Inglis washing machine back to working order. If you’re eager to repair that nagging Inglis washer, then keep reading!
Water Inlet valve
The Water Inlet Valve in the inside of your Inglis washing machine is used to fill the tub with hot, cold, warm, or cold water for the wash and rinse cycles. The electric solenoids regulate the valve. They are controlled by the electronic control board, the timer and the water level control/water selector switch as well as the pressure switch. If your Inglis washer does not fill throughout the cycle then the water inlet valve may be at fault. To verify that the valve is in error disconnect the Inglis washer as soon as the symptom occurs. If the Inglis washer continues to fill, it is likely that the water inlet valve is not working properly. If the washer stops filling and stops filling, then the issue is due to the circuit electrical that controls the valve. How to test the valve that opens water for an Inglis washing-machine using an instrument called a multimeter
- Similar to other tests ensure that you’ve removed the power source from your Inglis appliance prior to starting as you’ll be working with electrical components.
- Locate and take off your water intake valve. It is most often found right behind the hose connectors and you’ll need to remove the rear panel in order to access it.
- Visually inspect the valve to find any signs of wear. You’ll have to replace the whole valve if there are screens.
- Utilizing a multimeter on Rx1 and Rx1, connect the probes on the valve’s terminals. You will get a distinct reading for each model. Refer to your manual to figure out the readings you should expect to receive.
- You’ll need to replace the Inglis valve for water inlet when the valve is damaged or the test results do not align with the recommended test results.
Water level switch & pressure switch and air dome tube
The water level switch, activated by water pressure can be used to adjust the level of water within the tub. The control panel is likely to include this component. It will be connected to the tub via a hose, or air dome tube. For Inglis washers with an electronic control the switch could be located in the bottom of the sump, under the tub. The water will then fill the tub and pressurize the air inside, pressing against the diaphragm. The switch will control the water inlet valve , and close the valve at the proper level of water. The washer might overfill if the tube is damaged or leaky. The switch could be damaged and cause the washer to fill overfilling. How do you check the level of water in aInglis washer machine:
- Since you’ll be handling electrical components, ensure that you have removed your washer from the power source prior to beginning.
- Then, open your Inglis washer’s cabinet in order to find and remove the water level switch, as well as the air dome tube. When the air dome tube has been removed, place one end in the water tank and blow into the other. The hose that has not been damaged will not contain any bubbles that come out of it.
- Examine the hose and valve for cracks, wear, or damage. If you observe any problems after the above inspections then you may require Inglis replacement Water Level Switch.
In conclusion, an Inglis washing machine that isn’t refilling with water is an annoying and expensive issue to tackle. However, by understanding the common causes of this issue , and taking appropriate steps to fix it, you can reduce your time and expense. If the issue is a water level switch that is not working or a clogged inlet valve The solutions described in this article can assist you in getting your Inglis washing machine to work properly. Before you tackle any repairs you should read the manual for your washer. It will provide specific procedures for troubleshooting, as well as security measures. If you’re not confident in your abilities to solve the problem on your own It’s best to get an expert to help with the repair. With a little knowledge and the correct approach, you can fix Inglis washers that aren’t filling up with water. And then, return to your laundry.