Door Lock Or Interlock:
The door lock, also referred to as an interlock, an security device used on front load Electrolux washing machines as well as some Electrolux top-load washers that keeps the lid and door from opening when the machine is operating. The system has an internal door catch as well as the door lock mechanism, which is located in the rear of the main top or door shroud/front panel. The lock mechanism is made up of switches and a lock/unlock , or solenoid for the wax motor.
When the cycle is started, the washer control will turn on the solenoid/wax engine of the lock to prevent the door or lid from opening. The control will either activate the door unlock solenoid/wax motor or disable it at the close of the cycle. The activation or deactivation of the wax solenoid of the motor usually takes about a minute. If the lid or the door does not open after the completion of the cycle, then the mechanism that locks the door could be at fault. Electrolux washers come with a manual release mechanism that unlocks the mechanism, allowing users to open the lid or door. The release located at the door’s bottom lock or, on certain models within the soap dispenser’s housing.
- Connect the Electrolux washer’s power source before you start.
- Clean and inspect the door lock to get rid of any films or debris that might have accumulated. It is located under the lid, in the frame of your washer.
- If washing it doesn’t fix the issue, you can remove the door lock from the Electrolux washer to check it for cracks, damage or wear. It is likely that you will have to remove all or part of the washer’s cabinet for the switch to be removed.
- You’ll need to replace the switch if it shows any of the following symptoms.
Door Strike & Catch & Hook:
The door strike, also referred to as the catch or hook it is a safety mechanism installed on front loading Electrolux washing machines. It can also be used to activate the lid switch on a top load washer. On Electrolux front-load washers, the door hook is used to activate the lock mechanism. If the hook on the door becomes damaged, it could not properly activate the door lock mechanism, or it may not disengage easily from the lock mechanism at conclusion of the cycle. The door strike also known as a hook, is usually made out of plastic that is rigid. It can be damaged from normal usage and abuse or if someone tries to open the door while the lock is on. How to check the door strike on a Electrolux washing machine
- This is a simple inspection; no tools or removal is needed.
- Locate your door strike. It will be found in the door frame of your Electrolux washing machine.
- Visually examine the strike to make sure it connects to the door lock assembly properly and opens without issue. Also, check the strike for indications of wear, cracks, or damage.
- It is necessary to replace the Electrolux door strike in the event that you find any issues when performing the above checks.
Lid Hinge & Pin:
Two hinges connect the lid to top load Electrolux washers. The hinges are made out of either plastic or metal and will eventually wear down through the use of the machine. The hinges could be to blame if you have trouble opening the lid. How do you inspect the hinges on the lid and pin on Electrolux washing machine:
- You will need to expose electrical components in the inspection. Before you begin ensure that you have disconnected your Electrolux washer.
- Start by lifting the lid and inspecting the lid hinges and pins to see if there are indications of wear, cracks, damage, or any dirt that could be blocking the hinges.
- Lift or take off the top part of the lid to look at every side of the hinges and pins.
- If there are any issues while performing the checks above, you will need the Electrolux replacement hinges for your lid.