If you’ve ever found yourself asking yourself why your Bosch washing machine is filling up and draining simultaneously there’s no reason to be concerned. This is a frequent issue that is caused by various issues. In this post, we’ll look at the most frequent reasons for this issue and provide step-by-step instructions on how to fix a Bosch washer that fills and drains simultaneously.
This guide is designed for anyone, whether an expert DIYer or amateur. It will guide you through how to fix your Bosch washer back in good and in good working order no matter what level you’re at.
Water Inlet Valve:
The water inlet valve on your Bosch washing machine is used to fill the tub up with cold, warm or hot water for washing and rinse cycles. The valve is operated by electronic solenoids, which are controlled by the timer or electronic control board, and the water level control switch or pressure switch. The valve for water inlet could be the issue if your Bosch washer fills up after a drain cycle. If the issue continues then unplug your washer. If the Bosch washer does not stop filling, then the inlet valve is malfunctioning. If the Bosch washer does not fill, then the problem is related to the circuit of electricity that is controlling the valve.
How do you test the water inlet valve of the Bosch washing machines using a multimeter:
- Before you begin, shut off the water supply and power source from the Bosch washer.
- For testing the valve, remove it. It’s located behind the hose connections. You will need to disassemble every part or the cabinet of your washer to remove it.
- There are screens inside the valve that have become clogged with dirt and other particles. Clean up any debris or dirt that you find. The screens can’t be sold on their own and need to be replaced should they become damaged. Also, examine the exterior of the valve for cracks or wear and tear.
- Read the user’s manual to determine the resistance reading required for a functional valve varies between the various models of Bosch washer’s. Once you’ve reached the reading you want, switch the multimeter’s Rx1 setting to connect the terminals of the valve’s terminals. If the valve you’re using doesn’t have continuity, you can use the Bosch replacement valve.
Water Level Switch or Pressure Switch and Air Dome Tube:
The water level switch is a pressure activated switch which is used to determine the proper level of water in the tub. The control panel typically include this component. It may also include an air dome tube, or hose, which connects the tub. On Bosch washers with electronic controls the switch could be located in the bottom of the sump, underneath the tub. The water will be able to fill the tub and compress the air inside, pushing against the diaphragm.
The water inlet valve will be controlled by the switch:
The valve will stop when the level of water is set correctly. How do you check the level of water in the Bosch washer machine:
- Before working with electric components, you must unplug your appliance.
- Begin by opening the Bosch cabinet of the washer, and then removing the air dome hose. In the sink, place the hose and seal the other end and blow into the other. You will need to replace the hose that is a dome of air if bubbles form.
- Examine the switch and pipe for signs of cracking, fraying, wear or damage.
- If you find your switch is damaged, you need an Bosch replacement water level switch. In conclusion it is clear that an Bosch washing machine that drains and fills at the same time could be a frustrating problem to resolve If you have the right knowledge and tools the issue can be fixed.
By troubleshooting the most common causes of this problem that cause this issue, like a blocked drain hose or a damaged water inlet valve, or an inoperable pressure switch, you can repair your Bosch washer back to working quickly. Always refer to the Bosch washer’s owner’s manual to find specific instructions , and also to unplug the machine prior to making any repairs. It is possible to get your Bosch washer running like new with a little patience and knowledge.