If you’ve been wondering the reason why your Amana washing machine is draining and filling simultaneously, you’re not alone. This is a frequent issue and can be caused by a variety of factors. We’ll go over the most frequent causes, as well as offering step-by step instructions on fixing a Amana washer which has both drains and fills at the same time. This guide is designed for those who are an experienced DIYer or amateur. It will guide you through how to get your Amana washer back in good and in good working order no matter what stage you are at.
Water Inlet Valve
The water inlet valve that is on your Amana washing machine is used to fill the tub with cold, warm or hot water for the wash and rinse cycles. The solenoids on the electrical circuits control the valve. They are controlled by the electronic control board as well as the timer, water level control/water selector or the pressure switch. If your Amana washer continues to fill during a drain cycle, the water inlet valve could be in error. To confirm that the valve is in error disconnect the washer as the symptom occurs. If the Amana washer continues to fill, the valve that is inlet is damaged. If the Amana washer does not fill it is in the circuit of electricity that controls the valve. How to test the valve for water inlet inside an Amana washing machine with a multi-meter:
- Before you begin, shut off the power source and the water supply source from the Amana washer.
- The valve must be removed to examine it. It will be located behind the connections to the hose. It is necessary to take down every part or the cabinet of your washer to remove it.
- Inside the valve, you’ll find screens that might have deposits of dirt or dirt. Carefully clean out anything you find, but use caution as these screens are not sold separately from the valve and in the event that they become damaged, you will need to replace the whole valve. Also, look over the valve’s exterior for cracking or wear and tear.
- Refer to your owner’s manual as the resistance reading for a functioning valve differs among different models of Amana washers. When you’ve got the reading you want, switch your multimeter on RX1 to be in contact with the terminals of your valve’s terminals.
- If this test indicates that your valve isn’t in continuity, then you’ll require an Amana replacement valve for water inlet.
The water level switch, also known as a pressure switch & air dome tube
The water level switch, activated by pressure from water, is used to control the level of water within the tub. The part is usually situated behind the control panel. It will include a hose or a dome tube that connects it to the tub. This switch can be found underneath the tub on Amana washers and comes with an electronic control. As the water gets filled in the tub, it compresses the air inside the tube and push against an internal diaphragm within the switch. The switch controls the valve for water inlet and stop the valve at the right level of water. What is the best way to check the water level switch on the Amana washing machine
- Since you will be working with electrical components, make sure that you’ve disconnected the appliance prior to starting.
- Begin by opening the Amana cabinet for the washer and taking out the air dome hose. Place the hose into water and then seal the end. Then , blow the other end of the hose into the water. If any bubbles rise up to the surface, then you need a new air dome hose.
- Check the switch and hose for any signs of fraying, cracking wear, or damage.
- You can replace the water level switch when it’s damaged.
An Amana washer that drains simultaneously is frustrating. But, with the proper tools and information this issue can be fixed. You can fix it quickly. Most commonly encountered problems, such as the blockage of the drain hose, faulty water inlet valve or an issue with the pressure switch. For more details, be sure to refer to the Amana washer’s owner’s guide. Also, disconnect your appliance before beginning any repairs. With a little patience and know-how and a little know-how, you’ll have your Amana washing machine running as good as new in no time.