A squeaky Viking refrigerator can be a real annoyance particularly if it’s situated in a central area in your house. Viking refrigerators may make sounds that are typical. However, louder or more unusual sounds could indicate a problem. There are a variety of causes for Viking refrigerator noises that range from an unresponsive compressor to a loose fanblade. Many of these problems can be solved with just simple steps. We’ll walk you through the steps needed to determine the root of the noisy Viking fridge and give solutions. Whether you’re a seasoned DIY-er or are new to home repair You’ll get the advice you need to bring peace back in your kitchen.
Condenser fan motor: The latest Viking frost free refrigerators have a fan-cooled condenser coil. The condenser fan moves air around the condenser coil to remove heat as well as circulating air over the drain pan to evaporate the defrost water. If your refrigerator is making loud noises it is possible that the motor of the condenser might be the cause. The compressor motor and evaporator motor run at the same pace as the condenser motor. In addition to the noise, your refrigerator may not be at a constant temperature or may be switching on and off frequently.
- How to inspect a Viking refrigerator’s condenser fan motor. You’ll need to shut off the Viking refrigerator’s source of power and then pull off the access panels on the rear.
- Find the condenser fan motor, typically located close to the compressor at back of Viking refrigerator.
- Examine the motor in the condenser fan for signs of wear. Examine the fan motor for obstructions and debris that might hinder its ability to move freely.
- If the motor of your fan is damaged or seized then you’ll require a replacement condenser motor.
Evaporator Fan Motor Grommet: The motor grommet isolates the mounting bracket from the motor and reduces vibration noise. Wear and tear over time can result in the grommets’ break or become detached, which can increase vibration and cause excess noise. How do you check the Viking refrigerator’s motor for evaporator grommets:
- Unplug your Viking refrigerator.
- Take off the cover of the evaporator fan located in the freezer compartment.
- Check the grommet for any signs of wear or damage.
- If you believe any of these, then you will require a Viking replacement fan motor grommet. A loud Viking refrigerator may be a sign of a problem. It could be a problem with the compressor, a damaged fan blade or worn-out motor, there are several typical causes for Viking refrigerator sound.
Fix the issue by following the suggestions in this post. This will bring peace to your home, and prolong the life of your appliance. You can save money on expensive repairs and maintain your Viking refrigerator running efficiently with just a bit of experience and basic tools. If you notice an odd sound emanating from your fridge, don’t panic! Grab your toolkit and get started!