A noisy Frigidaire refrigerator can be a real annoyance particularly if it’s situated in a central area in your house. Frigidaire appliances make some noise that is normal. But louder or more unusual noises could suggest a problem. There are many common causes for Frigidaire refrigerator noise, such as the failure of the compressor or a loose fan blade. Many of these problems can be resolved with a few easy steps.
In this post, we’ll guide you through the process of identifying the source of the noise, and provide solutions to fix a noisy Frigidaire refrigerator. Whether you’re a seasoned DIY-er or are new to home repair, you’ll find the information you need to bring peace back to your kitchen.
Condenser Fan motor:
All modern Frigidaire frost free refrigerators have a fan-cooled condenser cooling unit. The condenser fan circulates air through the condenser coil to remove heat as well as circulating air over the drain pan in order to evaporate the water that is used to defrost. If your fridge is making a loud noise, the condenser fan motor could be to blame. The condenser fan motor is running at the same time as the evaporator motor as well as the compressor. You may notice that your fridge isn’t cooling, and switching off and on frequently.
- How do you inspect the Frigidaire refrigerator fan motor. Disconnect the Frigidaire refrigerator from the power source and then remove the access panel on the rear.
- Find the condenser fan motor, typically located close to the compressor in the back of the Frigidaire refrigerators.
- Examine the motor of the condenser fan for indications of wear. Look for any debris or obstructions that may be hindering the fan from operating freely.
- The replacement condenser motor is required if the motor becomes seized or wears out.
Evaporator Fan Motor Grommet
The motor grommet isolating the bracket that is used to mount the motor and reduces vibration noise. Grommets can be worn out or detached in time, which could increase vibration and create excessive noise.
- How do you inspect the Frigidaire refrigerator’s fan motor grommets. Unplug the Frigidaire refrigerator.
- Remove the evaporator fan cover, which will be found inside the freezer compartment.
- Check if the grommet has become loose, or if it shows signs of wear, inspect it.
- If you’re certain about any of the above then you’ll need a Frigidaire grommet replacement. A Frigidaire refrigerator that’s noisy can indicate an issue that needs to be fixed. There are a variety of reasons for Frigidaire refrigerator noises, such as an unrepaired compressor, loose fan blades or motors that are worn out.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you can identify and resolve the problem, restoring peace in your home and prolonging the life of your appliance. With a little knowledge and a few tools, you’ll be able to avoid expensive repairs and keep your Frigidaire refrigerator working smoothly. If you hear a strange sound coming from your fridge, don’t be afraid to grab your toolkit and get started!