Shock absorbers are used in front-load Hotpoint washing machines to dampen tub movement throughout the spin cycle. You will need to remove the front and rear panels in order to reach the shock absorbers or struts. Unbalanced loads can cause washers to shake or move and shock absorbers which are weak or damaged will cause the machine to make an ear-splitting sound when spinning. It is imperative to repair the issue as quickly as you can. How to check the shock absorbers on the Hotpoint washing machine.
- Before you begin washing your clothes, unplug the machine.
- Find the shock absorbers. Based on the model, you’ll have to remove either the rear or front panel.
- Check shock absorbers for damaged attachments, weak damping effect or leaks.
- You will need to change your shock absorbers in the event that you notice any of the symptoms. Both shocks need to be replaced in the same manner.
Suspension spring and tub spring
Your tub assembly in your Hotpoint washing machine is held in place or fixed from the base using its suspension springs. They absorb and absorb vibrations generated by the spin cycles in the Hotpoint washing machine. Sometimes, the springs be damaged, bent or detached and cause excessive noise and vibrations when spinning. How to check the suspension spring of a washer
- Before beginning, switch off the power source.
- To gain access to the suspension springs, remove the top or front panel from the washer.
- Inspect the springs for damages or stretching and make sure they are securely fastened at both ends. Replace springs that are already in tension. Always wear protection clothing.
- If you notice stretch, damage, or wear on your suspension springs replacement springs may be necessary. It is recommended to replace the springs in your suspension that are damaged immediately. They wear around the same rate.
Snubber Ring and Damper Pad & Tube Wear Pads
A snubber’s ring is an item that dampens machine’s vibrations when they spin. The snubber rings are usually found in the bottom of the machine and serves as a cushion for the tub support assembly and base. Most tub wear pads and snubber rings are made of hard plastic. Some damper pads are made out of lubricated felt. Each style will eventually wear out and allow the tub to move too much. They could also become too fragile to hold the tub. In these situations, the washer may shake in uncontrollable increments. How to test the damper pad of your Hotpoint washing machine:
- Unplug the washer , and remove the front panel.
- Look for and inspect the snubber. It is essential to remove the tub springs in order to inspect the snubber.
- Seek out white dust near or on the plastic style snubber. If you prefer the felt design look for dislodged or dry pads.
- If you have any of these symptoms, you’ll have to replace your nubber ring.
Tub Dampening Strap
Top load washers with tub dampening bands can be used to cushion tub movement during spin cycles. The tub’s top and every corner of the cabinet is held by four straps. These straps of rubber wear out with normal usage. If the straps become stretched or damaged, the tub might be in contact with the cabinet during the spin. This can cause the washer to shake, move, and make a loud banging sound. The straps can become stiffer when the washer is being used frequently and with large loads. This can cause premature failure. How do you check the tub dampening buckle in Hotpoint washing machines.
- To begin, unplug the machine. Then, you can open the cabinet to find the tub dampening straps.
- Each strap is connected to the tub, and one corner of the cabinet. Examine the tub dampening straps carefully for wear, fraying or damage.
- You’ll need four replacement tub dampening straps when you notice any of these symptoms. Because they wear at roughly the same speed and wear at the same rate, it is recommended to replace them all at once.
Support Leg for the washer Leveling Legs for the washer assist in supporting it
They are also adjustable so that it can be set to level. Certain models have four threaded feet while others have two and two self-leveling rear legs. Make sure that your washer is level and sitting on its four legs if it vibrates or shakes during the spin cycle. How do you inspect the legs that level the legs of a Hotpoint washing machine?
- This repair does not require the dismantling of the appliance. However it is suggested you unplug your appliance before you begin.
- To get to the feet, turn the washer machine to its side or reverse.
- Start by making sure all leveling feet are equal. Run a test cycle when you notice that one or more of the levels feet is not level. If the problem persists check for damage or wear to the feet.
- Also, ensure that the feet are threaded. If you experience any of these symptoms, replacement leveling feet may be necessary.